Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Brewery Visit: Victory Brewing Co.

Victory Brewing Company is located in Downington, PA. Victory was incorporated in 1995 and began brewing in an old Pepperidge Farm bakery. Victory's founders Bill Covaleski and Ron Barchet had both worked for microbrewers in the past and studied and in Germany before opening up Victory in their home state of PA.

Lobster and I were too late to get a tour at Victory, but we were able to eat dinner there. We actually had a delicious white pizza and a sampler of five beers. I guess we were so in love with the taste of both the pizza and all five beers because all I have in my notes is that everything was delicious. I know for certain that we sampled the Prima Pils because we also picked up a growler of it to bring back to NY. Victory's growler process (see a video here) was quite a thing to watch. They have a machine which can fill over 15 different beers, evacuate the CO2, and seal the beer.


Lobster and I plan on making a return visit to Victory soon so we can give this brewery an actual real assessment. In the meantime Victory's Festbier is out. Listen to the brewery talk about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment